Challenges Faced By Wedding Photography And Videography Singapore
Wedding photography is intimidating for the photographer. Generally, it is a once in a lifetime event. Thus there can be no room for error.
Getting to know the bride and the groom and their respective family is a major challenge as you have a very short period and you need to know whom to photograph.
Read the terms and conditions carefully before signing a contract and understand the needs of the couple. Dedicate yourself to capture their story. Decide the total number of portraits you need to shoot.
Time is another factor. There may be multiple things happening at the same time, and you have to capture every moment.
Guidelines set by the experts
Given below are a few tips to capture the most amazing pictures and establish yourself as a wedding photography and videography singapore–
- Assist a veteran photographer and learn the basics. Know the dos and don’ts of filming a wedding. This will set some grounds for you so that you don’t commit obvious blunders. You will also learn a few new styles and techniques that you can use later on.
- Make sure your camera and its accessories are working fine, and there are no glitches. Always get your camera repaired and clean your lenses before shooting. Make sure your lighting system is working. Always carry extra storage (memory cards) and batteries and have a reliable backup process.
- Get a helping hand to help you with the different positions, styles, and accessories. The assistant photographer will also help you to capture locations that you cannot.
- Personalize the couple’s album by clicking a few special portraits in the most unexpected and beautiful location. This is an added effort, and you will have to spare some time out to hunt the perfect background. Do not lose your patience as you will have to train them to pose according to your vision.
- Always capture the ‘first moments’. The first kiss, the first smile, the first blush, the first dance, the first meal, etc. These moments require you to be on your toes as they happen in a glimpse and can’t be redone. Try different angles and make sure you don’t consume a lot of time, thus be efficient with your skills and techniques.
- Shoot the candid reactions of the guests- the relatives, friends, and family. Their emotions are just as important as they are the life of the wedding. Their tears, laughter, and ‘aww’ add a sense of magic into the album.